Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have a ford ka 1999 1.3 car and just had it MOT one thing

Customer Question

hi i have a ford ka 1999 1.3 car and just had it MOT one thing it failed on is: POWER STEERING RAM (s) leaking from a failed seal offside. could you tell me the best way to fix that so i can get it through the MOT
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: my dad is a mechanic and will be able to fix it. I just need to order the right part all i can find is a steering rack seal kit will this fix the problem?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
hi im kevin that's correct you need to buy the seal kit in some cases the rack would need to be removed from car to replace seal
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
please rate my service