UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Jake My name is ***** ***** JA: Thanks. Can you give me

Customer Question
Hi jake My name...

Hi jake My name is ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I've got Mitsubishi l200, 2007. The problem is replaced Scv then tried to relearn the supply pump exchange on diagnostic but now the status is stuck on 1 and should of gone to 2

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have paid already
4/21/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Jake, Automotive Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question.
after selecting the supply pump exchange procedure to initialize it are you starting the engine and letting it idle to complete? if the engine is not warmed up it may take awhile to meet the specification to complete.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes did all that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you still help ?
I can still help yes
do you have any fault codes or anything that would prevent initialization?
if you have a rail pressure sensor code or anything like that it won't accept any learning.
The learning will generally take about 3 minutes, but if its interuppted (A/C condesor on, headlights on, etc) then it will not initiate and you have to shut the ignition off and start over.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi jake
There isn't any fault codes in the engine management side of it.
But in auto transmission there is a fault code which say CAN message error but can't remember fault code I think it was U1120 but would need to check that tomorrow.
I just noticed someone put a tuning box on this vehicle so though It would be that that was causing it to not initate.
I disconnected it and plugged the original wiring back on and it still not initate.
Nothing has interrupted while initateing.
Before replacing Scv the engine started as normal but with new Scv it's hard starting but it will start eventually.
The CAN error could be effecting it. On of the preset conditions is the transmission being in P or N position. So if there is a communication error it could effect this.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Jake
Transmission is in P.
That code is deleted now with no faults there.
But still won't finish initiation.
I am unsure where to go from here to be honest. double check your pre-set conditions and make sure you don't have any sensors throwing improper readings that would cause it to abort the initialization. Other than that the pump can be an issue, but i would approach that as a last resort here.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah I think it more of a wiring issue with this now as I have wiggle some wiring above gearbox.
And through up more faults.
Could be that harness or a bad ground for it.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician