UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

I see you sorted out

Customer Question
a guy having problems with...
I see you sorted out a guy having problems with his Vauxhall Tigra Boot - I have another problem with an 09 Tigra 1.6
Tried to lower roof. Boot lid opened to allow roof to drop in but stopped working at that point.
Drove to Vauxhall dealer with boot open from front and they came back saying diagnostic unit states problem lies with micro switch on noffside boot divider catch. want £500 to sort out ! Asked to return so could examine micro switch etc etc myself . Returned but now boot wont operate - can you help my predicament ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/19/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. My info isnt pointing out this switches location on this model here but a failed micro switch is most common for this issue.On some models the switch can be adjusted to correct this here and in some cases it would need replaced.If you can ask them to tell you or point to you which switch is acting up you can then check and try to adjust it if it is adjustable to see if it corrects this here and if it is not adjustable then it will need replaced.Some of these switches are easy to access and some require removing components on the body to access and replace it. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am sorry and don't wish to be discourteous but am well aware of this micro switch information - I was wanting a practical assistance on how to tackle the job to be able to access a closed electronic boot to start with. I cannot pay your standing £28 charge for something I am already aware of and request you cancel my PayPal payment under the circumstances. Thank You
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
I apologize if my info didnt help here on this.I wasnt aware you knew of the switch operation and location info.I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do as someone else here may have more info on this for you. Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a car that I can neither open the electronically boot (which operated fine until tried to operate the electronic roof and this roof operation only got as far as lifting the boot lid to permit the roof to slide into the boot area. This retracting failed at this point leaving a half opened boot.
The garage closed this open boot manually somehow.
Now neither roof OR the boot will open. As an electronic boot then unable to access the interior of this.
I was expecting a comprehensive answer from yourselves as to how 1. How do I open the boot and 2. How and what do I do to try and get the roof to work.
I am well aware it is believed to be a micro switch that could be the problem - I was expecting a detailed answer to my problem. It would appear you are unable to assist me on this mission so I am asking you credit my Pay Pal account with my £28 payment please - thanks
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
I will send this to customer service for you. Thanks Pete
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli