Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

Mk2 Ford focus1.8tdci won't start. I've got air I the

Customer Question

Hi. Mk2 Ford focus1.8tdci won't start. I've got air I the fuel lines. I've connected a had primer pump and got fuel to and out of fuel filter with no bubbles. I've now attached the pump to the line going to fuel pump and have primed the system but the car is still not starting.
Gary
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gary good morning to you and sorry for the delayed responseOk the grey pipe with small white clip is the pipe you need to remove as this is the feed to the pump this is where the primer should be connected if possible in line between the filter housing and pipe this is the correct way to bleed this 1.8 tdci
It is sonetimes needed to start the vehicle with the primer still in place as this allows you to force feed the systemKind regards ***** *****Brian
Has it got a great good evening to youHow did you get on with a fuel issue we were discussing
Please remember to read my advice when prompted as this impacts my online profileKind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian