Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ3 Motor Vehicle mechanics, with 20+ yrs experience and 4 years running my own garage.
27720961

MY CAR IS SHOWING ECONOMY MODE AND WONT START WHATS

Customer Question

***** *****,MY CAR IS SHOWING ECONOMY MODE AND WONT START WHATS THE LIKLEY PROBLEM
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: CAR WAS RUNNING FINE , BUT NOW WONT START , ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT NO FIRING I GEUSS
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Peugeot Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Welcome to ja.comI hope I can help you today. Ok. When economy mode is activated this will cut power to most of the auxiliary items like the electric Windows, radio etc. This happens when the car has a low battery either from leaving the radio on with the engine off or leaving the lights on.What has more than likely happened is the battery is now to lure to turn over fast enough to start, so what you are going to have to do is hey the car jump started with booster cables. Once the car is stated the car will exit economy mode and everything will work again as normal. But what I would recommend is that you take the car then on a long run to get some charge back into the battery. If this keeps on happening and you haven't left anything on then I would recommend getting your battery tested to make sure it is holding its charge and doesn't need replacing. If you require any further assistance on this matter, I'm here to help and if you require any help in the future you can contact me on here via my profile and I will be happy to help you again. Please remember to rate my answer a this is how i get paid and any feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you in advanceNathan