Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My Locks stopped working suddenly on my 2008 ford Crown Vic.

Customer Question

My Locks stopped working suddenly on my 2008 ford Crown Vic. Why?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Checked Number 2, 7.5 am fuse in the fuse box inside the vehicle as well as all other fuses that I can see. The fuses all seem to be fine.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is this the key less entry and power locks that stopped working?

Have you had the fault codes checked at all with a fully compatible scan tool for your model here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Only way I can lock the vehicle is by pushing each lock button down individually or with the key on the front doors, the remote locks nor the lock buttons inside the vehicle respond at all.

Check fuse 9 which is also a 7.5 amp and make sure it is o.k.If it is blown replace it and see if the locks then work.Check fuse 8 which is a 20 amp in the battery junction box and make sure it is o.k. as well.

If these are all o.k. and since all locks stopped operating at the same time suddenly this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the DDM (drivers door module) as this is the ecu that controls the key less entry locks as well as the power control locks.I have seen this module fail before in the past needing replaced.This module is also considered the body control computer.It is located inside the drivers door itself as shown below.When it is replaced it will need programmed with a dealers computer to allow proper operation of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rts8pag0dobx31/ddm-03-29.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will check Mentioned items and get back to you soon. Thanks

Your welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went out to check the fuses that you had recommended and would you believe everything has started working Again/, I have no explanation. I want to thank you for your help. Do I owe you any thing? Thanks , Best regards, ***** *****

That is great to hear.Feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete