Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Mazda2 2008 replaced fob battery the four doors lock and

Customer Question

Mazda2 2008 replaced fob battery the four doors lock and open OK but I can't open the boot.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if the boot opens with the key blade (if equipped with a blade and key cylinder).If it does then this may be a fault with the latch for the boot itself at fault needing replaced.A dealer or lock smith may have to come out or you take the vehicle to them so they can see if they can use their tools to open the boot so the latch can be inspected and replaced if needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete