Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a p029c fault. Engine running rough with smoke, Just

Customer Question

I have a p029c fault. Engine running rough with white smoke
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just had all injectors tested. Injector 1 was bad. Replaced it and tried to learn the injector. Now giving the fault and injector 1 restricted
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. In Africa. No specialists
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tried the Hawkeyes tool
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It's actually a defender2.4 taco. It carries a ford transit engine
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: Tdci
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I need the model # ***** the Hawkeye scan tool you are using and what it is saying when you try the learn procedure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have fixed the problem. The injectors came loose due to new washers. Tightened them and the engine sounded normal again. Used the diagnostic sucessfully. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

glad you got it and have a great week!