UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

I have a 04 Renault ***** ***** I opened my roof but now it

Customer Question
Hi I have a 04...
Hi I have a 04 Renault ***** ***** I opened my roof but now it will not close back up just keeps beeping when I press the button
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The roof opened fine but now it will not Close it is stuck half closed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Renault Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
3/20/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with one of the roof limit/position switches sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in.I have seen these switch/sensors fail before and your model should use at least a few of them to help tell the control unit what position the top is in so it can operate properly.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I would have the switch/sensor signals checked using a scan tool or computer that can plug into your model and can read all computers to see if one or more are faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli