Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a US 2013 Chevrolet Volt where i need yellow turn

Customer Question

Hi!I have a US 2013 Chevrolet Volt where i need yellow turn signal in the back like this guy:http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/8xu6v-chevrolet-volt-i-m-looking-tail-lights-wiring-schematic.html#I have bought EU tail lamps. A mechanic guy is trying to get them working:He took the brake signal from the top lamp. Is is working.He took the turn signal from the front lamps. The hazard light is working, but the turn signal is flashing too fast.Do we need any resistance for canbus, to terminate the old back turn signal LEDs that are not in use anymore, and how big should the resistance be? Amund Sjaavaag, Norway.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: It is a Volt from USA, and a bought tail lamps from the Netherlands and Germany to replace the US lamps.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: The yellow turn signal and the brake signals should work separate, and thats why we take turn signal from the front lamps, and brake signal from the top lamp.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, a 5 ohm 15 watt resistor will wrok to mimic the rear bulb load.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess 5ohm will make a power of 29W.
Isn't that much?
What the power of the original LEDs of the US Volt?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you still need any help with this here?