UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

My mane is ciprian sandu and the issuei have is a electrical

Customer Question
one......I have a vw Passat...
my mane is ciprian sandu and the issuei have is a electrical one......I have a vw Passat b6 56 reg and there is no lights on dash board when I put the key in the ignition at all noon
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: more info like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
3/16/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked to see if this is due to a weak or dead battery issue this needs done.In some cases a weak or dead battery will cause this type of fault here and a jump start or battery re charge may correct this.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
huh...the strange think is that there aree no lights at all on dash board...and yes I ve checked the battery....what I could get with a vcds is that there is no communication betwen steering controle module and my vcds at all so it won t communicate with the car immo to....I m really stuck...
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

In some cases when a control module will not communicate like this here this can cause other computers to have issues with operating the vehicle.This sounds like you may have a faulty steering control module needing replaced to restore communications for proper vehicle operation.I would have this tested further to be sure this is the cause here.I have had to replace control modules like this before in the past for issues like this.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
huh...the think is I had issue with the steering lock control module.....I ve replacet that I ve start the car after but when I ve stoped the engine id didn t start any more or giving any sings of life....just dead is like I m not putting the key in the ignition...
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

If the battery is o.k. here the only other thing I can think of that may be possibly causing this here is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.This switch would need to be tested/checked with a multi meter and scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers to check signals to see if this is the cause.It can be intermittent in some cases.I have had to replace this switch on other models in the past before for similar issues.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is working ....I ve test it....there is only one poss.......I haven t program the steering lock control module to the car......can that be the issue???/can that cause the problem?
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes,if this module needs programmed you can have communication faults as well as issues like you see here.I have seen this before on other models that needed programming done.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I l try that and I ll let you know later on...
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

O.k.,sounds good.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi I ve been tryng that...to program the steering lock control module with no luck...when I put the skc it looks like the immi doesn t recognise it.....I try it on engine and gearbox adt it has been accept it .....just the immo doesn t want it....
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

Was this part replaced with a new or used part?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
new bought from main dealer
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

Are you following the correct programming procedure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
may be a poss....that the vcds doesn t support that function?
yes I am
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

That is very possible as most of the time this requires dealer access and their scan tool/computer to program properly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don t know.....ones I have the skc I should be able to do it....
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

This is a difficult one for me to answer here myself.If you want I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli