sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have problem with fuel heater fuse keep blowing, I have

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** have problem with fuel heater fuse keep blowing, I have checked some things but problem still exist. Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8crd 2004 automatic
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When turning ignition on then fuel heater fuse blowing an car won't start, I have disconnected harness from fuel heater, crank case heater and it doesn't help, car still won't start and keep blowing fuse.
JA: I'm trying to find the right Chrysler Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Ok. Thank you.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Obwiously, I'm not mechanic but I have mechanical skills, I've been doing so many repairs on various cars ie engine change or automatic gearbox repair
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Not really, but when I bought this car I have replaced gearbox but car was driving well and after few months car been staying in the garden for few weeks (motor starter has been replaced) but was starting as normal after repair, just one day when trying to start it up, car won't start.
JA: Our top Chrysler Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chrysler Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chrysler Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm worry about fuse box, I think there is short to ground in the fuse box, but don't know how to check it.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Fuse 17 is the fuse that supplies the fuel heater relay but if this fuse blew it would only take down the heater element, it wouldn't cause a no start condition. I'm assuming it's actually fuse 23 that's blowing, which runs through the ignitions switch and to the SKIM module, ECM, the coil side of the fuel heater relay, park assist module, front control module, and the BCM.

Does the ECM not communicate with a scan tool when the fuse is blown?