Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have 56 plate, C3 Desire, and have dropped a ring down one

Customer Question

Hello
I have 56 plate, C3 Desire, and have dropped a ring down one of the vents in the dashboard.
Any tips for getting it back, without taking the full dashboard off. Any tips, suggestions welcome!
Thanks
Brenda
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If it is magnetic you can try a thin long mechanics magnet to see if you can retrieve it.In some cases you can check the floor vent flow where the lowest part of the heater box is located and see if you can fish it out that way.Other then that the heater box may need removed from the dash and taken apart to locate and remove it unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete