UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Do you know anything about the immobiliser system on 2003…

Customer Question
Do you know anything...

Do you know anything about the immobiliser system on 2003 merc 814?Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Work for a bus company, several of the buses were broken into and keys stolen. All done apart from this last one. Need info on transponder etcTa

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I'm an electrician by trade and a master tech for Volvo truck & bus. Just need some specific immobiliser info.Ta

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/10/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually if the key is missing or remote key is missing a new one will need obtained to correct this fault here and usually needs ordered in and obtained from a dealer.They will usually need to see proof of ownership and a photo ID to get the keys for you.If this is not what your after here let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago

j

Hi. Appreciate you taking the time but that didn't answer the specifics I required on the transponder immobiliser system. Thanks anyway
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago

If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete