Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2014 micra auto box has developed a problem when starting

Customer Question

2014 micra auto box has developed a problem when starting off suddenly surges forward, any ideas, dealers wants 6k for new auto box i can't believe it needs new box at that price! it runs sweetly normally. Thank you Paul T
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases this can be an issue with the transmission valve body or a solenoid in the transmission like a pressure control/regulating solenoid needing replaced.I have seen these components act up before in the past needing replaced to correct this fault here.I would have this checked again visually by another repair center if possible to see if this if one of these is the component at fault here needing replaced.In some cases these components can be replaced separately but on some models the entire gear box may need replaced if these components are not serviced separately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete