UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1998 Nissan Pimera,I have replaced battery and

Customer Question
I have a 1998...

I have a 1998 Nissan Pimera,I have replaced battery and followed steps,engine does not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Battery cables were loose couple days ago. I removed and cleaned terminals. Engine did not start yesterday even with jump. Checked for spark( ok) checked for fuel ( I hear pump, I removed fuel hose after filter and turned key,fuel came out into can). Replaced battery today,still not starting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If I can yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?

Has NATS sticker in window. Other than that was running good,no noises started quickly,lots of get up and go.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/8/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, There are several potential causes ranging from faulty starter, ignition switch, clutch or PNP switch, to problem with immobilizer

I need to know if the engine is turning over but not starting, or no sound when turning the key to crank

I also need to know if the security/antitheft light is on solid or blinking, or if there is an alarm going off when putting the key in the ignition