UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My boot wont open on one side, yer opening my eos boot

Customer Question
My boot wont open...

My boot wont open on one side

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yer opening my eos boot through the fob or the door button it only releases the lock on the left side the right side stays locked tried forcing and pulling

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/6/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a fault with the right side lock/latch itself.I have seen these fail in the past before and had to replace it for this issue here.In some cases a lock smith may have to come out and use their tools to see if they can get it to release then the lock/latch can be replaced.I have heard of others contacting a dealer or repair center that works on this model here to see if they can unlock it to open and replace it.If neither of these are an option let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete