UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a bmw X5 4.4i from 2005 with a "selfleveling system…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a bmw...
Hi, I have a bmw X5 4.4i from 2005 with a "selfleveling system inactive" message. the air suspension is in both front and rear. I used the bmw scanner tool and the error message I am getting in EHC module is, 7F [127] "Activity plausability front left", and in the ABS module the error 5F1E [24350], "variant code info:Triler_oscilation_Logic on EEPROM deactivated", 5DD7 [24023] "EHC-Error: air suspension - heigt invalid" and 60AF [24751] "RPA-Error: detection deflation system: RPA inactive, difference of the level of the front axle_air suspension". The sequence was, firts, I received the yellow light of the air wheel sensor, and then the self leveling system deactivation or inactive message. Two questions, first, what is the problem? is it just the front left sensor? and second, can I get ride of the air suspension and change to coils? what should I be doing for this? are the leveling sensors interacting at all with other systems in the car (wxnon lights and/or ABS). Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/5/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the problem is most likely the sensor but could be the module. the first step would be to replace the sensor.
no, you cannot get rid of the suspension
all of the vehicle's systems interact and can sometimes cause issues with each other, as appears to be the case here
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Sorry, I do not understand your answer about not able to get ride of the air suspension. If there are X5 without air-suspension, and still with xenon and abs... what is what they share in my car for not being able to change to coils? Reading the manuals I only identified that they share the left back sensor but just becaus eit has two different sensor in this side, the height one and the xenon one. Also there are people selling conversion kits in internet for the coils. If I get a serie suspension from an X5 I should be able to install that withour any problem, isnt it?
Please do not forget to CLIcK ON a positive rating
anything is possible if you spend enough money - swapping out to non air suspension is not cost practical and would require all kinds of guess work reprogramming that could take weeks to get right. In my experience this is such a bad idea that it makes it a "no" in terms of feasibility.
Sorry, but this is so far a poor answer. You re just telling me that is difficult etc, but not the sequence to do it. Taht is what I am expecting, then, I will judge if it is feasible and worth for me... that is the asnwer I am expecting. So far, the answer is very vague and easy to do. You are just telling me the obvious, it is difficult. Not enough, as I know that already.