UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car got soaked inside with a lot of water, my centre

Customer Question
Hi. My car got...

Hi. My car got soaked inside with a lot of water, my centre console buttons do not work on my Audi A6 2006 model. Sometimes they do. However the electric parking says malfunction and didn't deploy the handbrake. However this morning it has done but now it won't release. Water in car was Sunday. Think it's a case of waiting for electrics to dry out? Any manual override of button so I can move me car?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

See above

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/4/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Lou P, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic

Hello, there is no manual override without getting under the car and removing the parking brake actuator, here are the instructions, also the switches will not dry out, you will need to replace them, or else your car will have more and more problems and may even not allow the car to start if the communication wires get shorted. hope this helps. Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may recieve my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE 1 or 2 stars AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Lou P.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

hopefully you see my info and get the car fixed up