UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My key fob or key does not lock my Peugeot 407 ,what could…

Customer Question
hi my key fob or...
hi my key fob or key does not lock my Peugeot 407 ,what could be problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/4/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be an issue with the lock assembly itself/latch assembly in the door that is not locking.I have seen this fail on several models in the past before needing replaced.If this issue is with all door locks not locking at all this can be due to a blown fuse for a control unit/ecu needing located and replaced and I would check the fuses for any issues needing corrected.This may also be due to a fault internally in a control unit/ecu that operates the locks with it needing replaced.If you have no blown fuses at all the next step is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set then from there those codes diagnosed and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete