UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 55plate Audi TT 3.2 and the emission engine light…

Customer Question
I have a 55plate Audi...
I have a 55plate Audi TT 3.2 and the emission engine light came on a few days ago, also the Epcot light comes on at ignition, however if I remember rightly that goes off after the car starts, I drove the car for about 2 miles this morning, seemed a bit lazy starting, drove to a house and sat outside with engine running for about 5 mins, it then cut out and won't restart, ticks over but doesn't fire
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/1/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.This has to be done with a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Since these warnings/lights have come on like this here this is the first step in locating the source of the fault here.One common component I have seen fail and can cause an issue like this here is the fuel pump itself.I have had to replace several fuel pumps in the past before for this issue here.If the fault codes do not point out a fault at all then the fuel pressure will need tested to see if your vehicle is low on pressure with the pump needing replaced.It is possible it is other components like a crank sensor or similar but the codes do need checked to see what codes are set then diagnosed and tested further to locate the source of the fault for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli