UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My volvo c30 wont start, had fuel injector seals and

Customer Question
My volvo c30 wont...

My volvo c30 wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Volvo. The Volvo Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Had fuel injector seals and alternator changed in the dealership 2 weeks ago. Car started to 'chug' while driving it and then cut out. Now wont start at-all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

No. Dealership want me to pay 2,000 euro just to dismantle the engine to see what is going on, this seems a lot to ask

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Volvo Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Volvo Mechanic should know about your Volvo?

There are 144000 miles on the clock. Fuel particle filter changed a year ago.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
3/1/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The chugging then stall out you have described here sounds like a lack of fuel to the engine.This can be caused by an issue with the fuel pump or injector pump itself at fault needing replaced.I would have the fuel system tested to see if you have a fuel pump/injection pump issue here.This usually requires some special test equipment to do this testing in most cases.If a fault is found then it will usually require replacement.I would also have the work that was recently done checked for any issues with it.If a fault is found with it then it will need corrected and the repair facility that did the work should cover the costs for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete