UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

55000 the car is missing badly through the gears

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/27/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Does this feel like a solid engine misfire occuring here?

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or correct this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Just purchased the car from Ford dealership,it's still under warranty
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago

I apologize for the delay.

A misfire on this engine can be due to a fault with one or more of the fuel injectors as this can be common or possibly an issue with something like the mass air flow sensor (if equipped).Usually it is a fuel related issue and fuel injectors are the most common cause.Some can be cleaned when at fault and some will need replaced.

I would have the fuel system tested including fuel injectors to see if you can pinpoint the cause here.

If this is still under warranty then the dealer should be able to diagnose,test and repair at no cost to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete