Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have an e90 330i that when the engine is cold, no lights

Customer Question

Hello Roger, I have an e90 330i that when the engine is cold, no lights on dash, but after a*****to work, stop at shop. Once start the engine again, the rpm would surge, to wet n yne check engine light would display, brought to trusted indy garage and he is reading that the intake vans solenoid, intake camshaft sensor & air intake sensor are reading faulty, replaced everything....but still same items are coming up as faulty....now he is thinking vanos intake ledge problem....and a bill including parts of just under £1000 and 3 days work.....does this sound correct, hope you can help, regards.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you with the problem you are describing we need to know what th e actual fault code and or codes are that you are getting when the check engine is coming. If can post back with them I will try and help you determine the cause.