UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** My problem is that I foolishly tried…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** Thomas My problem is that I foolishly tried to charge a battery in my hilux kdn 145 whilst the engine was running. As iv got too batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When I connected the batterie it sparked and everything electrical stopped The hazard lights and front lights work nothing more

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
I have changed the 10a ignition fuse and replaced both batteries with new.
2/25/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels.If any issues are found with any fuses the affected fuses will need replaced.If all fuses are checked and found to be o.k. then check at the starter and alternator for any fusible link fuses that may have shorted needing replaced.If these are or were all checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete