UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rover 25 - remote will not open doors. If battery is flat,

Customer Question
Rover 25 - remote will...
Rover 25 - remote will not open doors. If battery is flat, need to open door to release bonnet.
The ignition key will not open any of the 3 doors.
What do I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/24/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic

Hi there.

Welcome to ja.com

I hope I can be of assistance to you today.

Obviously I don't know your level of expertise in this field so I'll try and put it simply for you.

Ok. The best way to get the bonnet open without breaking a window of course is if you Jack up the car at the front and put it on stands for support. Then what you need to do is using a torch look up aS the front on the engine side of the radiator and see if you can see the locking mechanism. Then using a lever of some kind use this to lever at the release mechanism to the left or right I can't be too sure from memory. Once you get it popped you can then open the bonnet and get the battery changed and then unlock the car that way.

On another note, was the ignition lock changed at some point? If not maybe the lock is just seized from lack of use so you could also try spraying wd40 into the lock and then inserting the key and trying to free it up watching you don't break the key that is.

The safest way to open the bonnet if you don't trust the lock way though would be from underneath.

I hope I have helped you. And if you require help in the future Please don't hesitate to contact me on here.

Please rate my answer as this is how I get paid.

Thanks in advance