UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Related to my last question. The fail safe mode or limp mode…

Customer Question
hi, Related to my last question...
hi,
Related to my last question. The fail safe mode or limp mode problem still persist and i have concluded that it cannot be the master cylinder pressure sensor as the voltage is in range when the brake pedal is depressed .
My question is why each time i cycle my ignition switch on off the abs skid control keeps getting into the test mode and output dtc c1271 to c1278 and c1281.
I clear it in tis techstream via signal check and the abs skid control return to normal condition with zero dtcs but it wont go out of limp mode when i drive the car and when i cycle the ignition switch off and on the abs skid control return to test mode with 9 dtcs.
if i drive the car with tis techstream connected the dtcs clear by itself but the abs skid control remain in test mode and the engine in limp mode or fail safe mode (the enginde ect ecu did not lock up the torque converter).
Can you help me ?
Car details:
Make toyota
Model Rav4
Year 2002
vin zca26(###) ###-####
transmission automatic
Engine: 1zzfe 1800cc
steering wheel side right
model from vehicle plate TA-ZCA26W-AWPNK-V
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 day by:
2/25/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any wiring issues leading to the brake and steering components.In some cases damaged wiring can cause an issue like this needing repaired or replaced.If this has already been checked and found o.k. this may be an issue with the anti lock brake computer itself at fault needing replaced or incorrect programming in it needing reprogrammed.This will have to be checked/tested further to be sure of the cause of the fault then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I have verified the wiring between the actuator and the abs ecu. Nothing seems broken or chewed.All this is happening after the right abs wire was cut. The wire has been repaired but these faults remain.I did replaced both abs ecu and actuator with same part no. The fault remain. What can be causing this ?Is steering related to abs on this model ?
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago

How was the wire repaired?

I solder it with iron solder then i isolate it. I unplug it i got dtc c0200 along with the 9 other dtc. When i replug it, the clears but not the 9.I tried same with the left abs sensor the then 2 rear same results.This thing is getting me mad. Why the hell on earth is these dtc showing up.But when i remove the fuse of the abs actuator all the 9 dtc clears and the mode return to normal but dtc open in abs relay shows up.When i plug back the fuse the 9 dtc come back again.
Can the abs actuator causing this ?
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago

Unfortunately this is a tough one for me to answer myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I am still waiting. Is there anyone here that can help me ?This is my second question and still not resolve.