UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Renault clio eg04vza 1.5dci automatic ac control unit

Customer Question
diagnostic procedure (blower fan not...
renault clio eg04vza 1.5dci automatic ac control unit diagnostic procedure (blower fan not operating)
earths are all good.
power to the resistor pack good.
fan relay in engine bay good (new old one u/s
fuse in dash good
fan spins up and has 75mm carbon bush left (approx)
apparent that whatever controls the resistor pack is not sending signal (please correct if wrong)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/24/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Nathan B
Nathan B, UK Car Mechanic

Hi there.

Welcome to ja.com

I hope I can help you today but first I need to ask a couple of questions do that my answer will be better sourced.

1. Does the blower work at all on the highest setting?

2. Did the blower stop working on one of the lower settings first and then another or did it just stop altogether at once?

3. Did you check the resistor pack resistance while switching the blower through all the settings?

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance

Hi Nathan. Customer said that all working then just stopped.
The "resistor pack" is not of the common type it is a digital mosfet controlled unit. So without proper specs to check for resistance there is no point me probing further.Hope this answers your questions.
Toby

Hi there.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Ok so it just stopped. You have done all the checks that I would have done so far. When you had the fan out top check the brushes did you see any corrosion in there like water had got in add I have known them to have issues with water ingress near the blower. Also Dodd you check the brushes for proper contact and clean them up?

I look forward to your reply

Chat soon

Yep all was good and clean. Contacts where clean and stator was shiny :-)Hence the question. I'd rather not follow the modern mechanics trend of fit fit fit!But it appears there is no test procedure for the control unit?

Hi again.

Cheers ***** ***** back to me so quick.

I'm of the same way of thinking though. I hate fitting parts unnecessarily myself that's why I do as much checking and cleaning as possible first to eliminate doing this but it seems to me that the only thing that is left is the module itself. You see if one part of it fails then the whole module has to be replaced. Good old Renault again. They do suffer a lot with electrical problems though.

This has probably just backed up what you were thinking anyway.

I hope this has helped you in some way though.

But if you want me to I can opt out and see if any other experts on here can help you any further.

Cheers

If you could do that. I'm hoping someone will be able to give me pin outs or something to test! Thanjs for your help though! Atleast so far this won't have cost me. I appreciate your time and effort! If I get a fix I will post it upBest regards
Toby

Not a bother Toby. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance to you this time but if you require help in the future you know where I am.

Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert