UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 v70 driving along and engine management light flashes…

Customer Question
2006 v70 driving along and...
2006 v70 driving along and engine management light flashes on slight lack of power for a second then main beam headlights go out so only have full beam. Stop start again and all ok. Why?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/23/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: FixItMan, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. After the check engine light flashes does it stay on?

No it literally flashes on then a slight loss of power at the same time a bit like it is trying to stall and lights go out. Full beam is all that's left working until I stop and restart engine.

Thank you. I would start by checking the battery cable connections. Especially the negative cable to ground. Make sure that they are clean and tight. If they are and if the battery connections are good then you need to have the battery and alternator load tested. If those are all fine then it may be a failing control module.