UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My transit wont start, its the battery as I can jump start…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl,...

Hi Pearl, my transit wont start, its the battery as I can jump start it but if I don't drive it every day I have to jump start it again. I don't know which battery to replace, the one under the seat or the one on the right hand side of the engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If its just a case of getting a replacement battery then I think its ok to do myself. I need to get it going by Thurs this week, as I have to use it to transport a friends horse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?

No, it passed a recent mot

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/22/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 2 years ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician

Hi there ,good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

Ok the front battery is the starting battery and the rear one is for the vehicle electrics

the best way to test this system is to dissconnect both batteries and using s bolt meter go over each one as the are linked together which can cause mis diagnosis

If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know

If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian