Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

My transit wont start, its the battery as I can jump start

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my transit wont start, its the battery as I can jump start it but if I don't drive it every day I have to jump start it again. I don't know which battery to replace, the one under the seat or the one on the right hand side of the engine?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its just a case of getting a replacement battery then I think its ok to do myself. I need to get it going by Thurs this week, as I have to use it to transport a friends horse.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no, it passed a recent mot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ,good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

Ok the front battery is the starting battery and the rear one is for the vehicle electrics

the best way to test this system is to dissconnect both batteries and using s bolt meter go over each one as the are linked together which can cause mis diagnosis

If you need anymore help or advice on issue please let me know

If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian