Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Kia Sorento 2005 2.5CRDI. On switching the ignition on the

Customer Question

Kia Sorento 2005 2.5CRDI. On switching the ignition on the IMMO light is not coming on. It was intermittent but now does not come on at all. Engine turns over but no fuel is getting to common rail. Checked pickup filter in tank which is clean and prime pump is hard. Checked engine turns over by spraying easy start into air intake manifold.
Could this be SMARTRA related? I have swapped ignition antenna coil for 2nd hand one and this did not resolve issue.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked relay switches in front fuse holder by swapping fan blower for main relay. I have not confirmed if there is 12v to fule pump but the engine did fire when I used easy start.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I need to get the last 8 of the vin so I can pull the schematics for walking you thru testing but it does sound like an immobilizer issue and you may end up needing a scan tool with full function testing capabilites that can read the immobilizer control module

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
55374968
On doing some more testing I have found that there is a short from the glow plugs as one of the glow plugs is stuck in the block head when it was attempted to be changed. This short has blown the glow plug relay and j case fuse 60a. On receiving a new relay and fuse I will use custom leads to plugs 1-2-3 to eliminate the short. This could be the reason why I was having symptoms when starting.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

That will definitely cause it. If there is still an issue afterwards and will go from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have eliminated the glow plug short by using custom rated cables onto the good three glow plugs. Engine turns over but does not start. The IMMO light does not come on the dash, what do i need to do first?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any response please?