UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2002 omega estate 2.2dti Y22DTH engine it has had…

Customer Question
Have a 2002...
Have a 2002 omega estate 2.2dti Y22DTH engine it has had fuel pump replaced ran like a train for three weeks better performance than when new, then blowing back through cam cover i would have thought it had a hole in a piston mechanic diagnosed ECU new / replacement ecu fitted gauranteed to be ok 12 months engine now runs revs very slowly and not above 3500 P1590 and p0100 fault codes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/20/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

First clear codes then retest drive the car and then recheck for codes .

The P0100 is your MAF sensor this could be your problem OR it was just disconnected and set the code .

If comes back clean MAF and try again if cleaning not successful replace . just this will cut down the engine power and

not let you rev above 3500 rpm (In neutral this is normal).

Get from your local parts store a can of MAF spray cleaner and clean the MAF with this, as said no improvement replace maf.

P1590 - Vacuum Solenoid Valve Circuit High Voltage.

Take care of the P0100 code first then retest drive after repairs to the MAF if code comes back for the P1590 let me know .

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Hi Greg.
New MAF fitted do you think fault code can be generated by a broken wire / bad connection at plug..
P1590 code from reading on the vauxhall opel forum this can be caused by a vacuum solenoid do you think we have two seperate faults here.

Yes its very possible , did you clear codes and the two came back even after replacing the MAF .

If yes then check the wiring harness for a short .

If wiring is okay could be a possible ECU malfunction .

Do you have a Multi-meter to do some testing .

Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner