Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

One of my 3rd row seats in my 2004 Sienna is stuck in the

Customer Question

One of my 3rd row seats in my 2004 Sienna is stuck in the stow position.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I stowed my third row seats in the back of my Sienna van and now one will not release, so it is stuck in the stow position.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I pulled the straps that are supposed to release the seat, but it won't move.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: It is in England.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common caused for the seat to stick can be caused by a failing recline motor. Inside the seat back on both sides is the Power Rear No. 2 Seat ECU (computer) Try Power and grounding the recline motor and see if the seat back will come up. If the seat will not move with power and ground applied then that means the motor has failed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a power seat. It is manual with no electrical parts. It physically will not move.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If it the manual seats then something has to be binding or locked up. Unfortunately with out being there to see it I can not say for sure what is failing. I will open the post back up and hopefully someone else may have something different to offer. If they can help they will post back.