UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have lost the transponder chip from my key fob, Peugeot…

Customer Question
I have lost the transponder...
I have lost the transponder chip from my key fob, Peugeot 206. And now, the car obviously wont start. it turns over, but will not start and an error message comes up on the display saying immobiliser fault. is there any way of deactivating/disabling the immobiliser? taking out a fuse etc? I only have the one key for the vehicle.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/19/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Kevin, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic

Hi I'm Kevin unfortunately because system is there to stop theft no easy way round . You will need to get a locksmith to come to car a recode another chip it's the only option no way round on this one

Please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all