UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have VW cadddy 2009 TDI not starting. when i turn swith…

Customer Question
hello. I have VW cadddy 2009...
hello.
I have VW cadddy 2009 TDI not starting. when i turn swith every light come up but not engine light and no glow plug light. car turn fine but never starts.
i tried to connect to computer but ECU not responding.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/19/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the engine ecu itself.The engine ecu controls the engine light and glow plug light and with no communications with it and these lights not coming on here the ecu sounds to have an internal electrical fault needing replaced.

I would check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If all fuses are found to be o.k. the wiring and connections need checked/tested at the ecu for any issues.If these are all o.k. the ecu most likely needs replaced to correct this here.

When it is replaced it will usually need to be programmed by a dealer or repair center that can program it in order for it to work in your vehicle.It has to be in the vehicle with the vehicle at the dealer or repair center when this is done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hello!
I googled little about issue. And some people think it can be some relay to ECU, may i know where is the ecu relay and how itcan be tested?
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago

Unfortunately my info isnt pointing out the exact relay location on your model here as some of the info is limited.Usually though on this model this type of relay is located in an under hood fuse or relay box as most all are for engine controls and will be labeled ECU,PCM,ECM or ignition.I apologize and wish I had more info on this here.

Thanks Pete

Hello Again!
Yesterday I left the ECU for repair or analys. I just received call from the guy. he said there is no peoblem in ECU. what can you help me with?
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago

Unfortunately with my info being somewhat limited here on your model I will have to see if others can assist more here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

UK Auto Mechanic: Kevin, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic

Hi im kevin you need to check at ecu pins 3,5,6 should have 12 volts with ignition on these are all red and green wires and pins 1,2,4 should be earthed these are all brown wires let me know what you find

Hello!
Yes 12v and earth is fine. I notised that engine light comes up for very short time with ignition. This morning car started for 10 seconds and then died.
It just connected with computer, error p0670
Glow plug module
Electrical malfunction