UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Would u know where i can find the relays remote /unlock? My…

Customer Question
Hi, Would u know where...
Hi, Would u know where i can find the relays for the remote for lock/unlock? My doors unlock but don't lock via the key fob, and I've been told that the problem is probably the relay but i just can't find it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/18/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Can you lock and unlock from the doors from the switches on the doors

and just have a problem unlocking with the Key Fob?

Greg

The switches on the door and using the key to lock and unlock works fine, it is only with the key fob that i can't lock the car

Hi .

Good thank you .

Okay if the doors lock and unlock with the switches and only has a problem with the Key Fob then the micro switch in the key fob has failed , use your spare , or you will have to buy and reprogram a new Key Fob.

Good news its just the fob and nothing with the system which could be more expensive .

The keyFobs on this car has to be programmed using a programming tool .

Check your local Car locksmith, they normally carry them and program them for you .

This is a typical issue that you are having its the unlock or the lock micro switch that fail

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

thanks, ***** ***** am still suspecting it is a problem with car as opposed to the key fob as i have 2 fobs and they both can't unlock the car. does this make any sense?could it be a problem with the relay as i understand there is a separate relay to lock and unlock?

No will not be the relay , will be the door lock control module , this can be tested with the dealer scan tool to confirm

this issue .hoping this would not be your problem as this could get expensive ,

Rgds Greg

does that mean i need to go to a dealer about this problem?

Hi .

Yes you need to visit a dealer, or a Indy shop that is set up to work on KIA and Hyundai .

The needed diagnostic tool is a must for your problem .

Rgds Greg