UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have changed head cylinder and chain kit on 2. 7 quantum,

Customer Question
Hi" I have changed head...
Hi" I have changed head cylinder and chain kit on 2. 7 quantum , the is a lot of noise on chain
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/18/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would re check the chain install to see if the tensioner is installed and set correctly as well as any chain guides or rails are properly installed with no damage to any of them.I suspect one of these components here will be found to be out of place or damaged needing replaced.This is usually the cause here when a fault like this occurs after replacement has been done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete