UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a BMW convertible and the passenger side window

Customer Question
Hi, I have a BMW...
Hi, I have a BMW convertible and the passenger side window doesn't close properly unless you slam the door, there is a gap between the glass and the foam seal, I have to wind it down then back up for it to close properly
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/14/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the window isn't closing properly then either the door is out of adjustment, not closing properly, or the window glass is out of adjustment. It's possible that the glass could just need to be adjusted or there may be an issue with the window regulator preventing it from closing correctly.

Did the problem happen after any work was done, an accident, etc?

Are you able to upload a picture showing how it closes incorrectly?