UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mercedes-Benz C230: good evening marty i recently purchased…

Customer Question
good evening marty i recently...
good evening marty i recently purchased a class c 320 series 1999 sport sedan and the owner lost the code for the radio,plus the gear wont change.its an automatic transmission.need code and advice on said car.its been parked for two n half year
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/13/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Lou P, UK Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic
Hello. Can I have your vin please ?

WDB2020181A708704

Ah ok sorry I cannot pull up your radio code as you have a European vin. I'm in USA. As for the transmission your shifter goes down to D only correct ?

YES.IT DRIVES BUT IT DON,T CHANGE.

SO WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THE CODE THEN.

For the code you can call a dealer Monday and give them your vin and they will be able to tell you the code. For the trans. Does the correct gear display in the dash ?
Is there a check engine light on ?

DO YOU HAVE A NUMBER FOR A DEALER I CAN CALL?

AND NO THERE IS NO DISPLAY OF ON THE DASH OF THE GEAR.

FOR THE CHECK LIGHT NOT THAT I CAN SEE.

good evening.

did you get the number for the dealer so i can call for the code

I cannot get a number for you my apologies. I can help with the trans issue but not with the radio code since I am in USA. I will opt out and see if another expert is in uk to assist.

OK.

also for the other question no. it also have the other numbers for low gear.it goes down 3 ,2.

I change the trans oil but still stays in one gear.

is there a web site i can go on to get the code

UK Auto Mechanic: Stan, Automotive Engineer replied 2 years ago
Stan
Stan, Automotive Engineer
Hello,radio code for the given vin is 22242.Non-shifting issue can be caused by aged battery. When the engine is cranked, transmission control unit can switch to emergency mode due to voltage drop. Best regards,Stan