Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Sue transit van not got enough power going to drivers side

Customer Question

sue transit van not got enough power going to drivers side headlight
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: went for mot.failed saying not enough power going to the o/f headlight so bulb is dim.also dials go to zero and come back up and brake light come on,then go off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

By the description of symptoms, there is a low voltage condition, which may be from a weak battery, corroded battery cables, loose cable, corroded or loose engine or body ground, charging condition or short in wiring harness.

If you plan to diagnose the issue and repair yourself, you will need a digital voltmeter, good working knowledge of automotive electrical systems and ability to read wiring diagrams