UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Mondeo 2003, passenger door was playing up now not work at

Customer Question
all manually or electronicly...
mondeo 2003, passenger door was playing up now not work at all manually or electronicly , perminently locked . how can i manually open it? Many Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: door perminently locked cant open
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i cant get the door panel off to access the solenoid or lock as the door is locked
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
2/8/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unless there was a door or striker adjustment issue, the handles move with no resistance (indicating a linkage issue) or something foreign was closed in the door, you have a failed latch.

What will need to be done is remove the door panel to access the latch and linkage. This is obviously inconvenient with the door closed but should be possible, in rare cases you do have to salvage the door panel.

Once the panel is off then you'll need to inspect the linkage, and if ok then the latch can be condemned. It would need to be broken up/dismantled until the pawl can be reached to move it manually and open the door, and then the latch can be removed.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician