UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My fuse left hand side light and also the light behind the…

Customer Question
My fuse for the...

My fuse for the left hand side light and also the light behind the dash so i can see the speedo keeps on blowing. I have disconnected both lights but it still blows. Any ideas? Thank you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Renault. The Renault Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

When I put the sidelights on the fuse blows and therefore the front and rear left hand sidelight stops working, also so does the one behind the dash meaning i cant see the dials. I have dried spraying the fuse board with an electrical spray to try and get any moisture out if it but no luck. This was suggested on another forum.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Was hoping to if I could find the right assistance?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Renault Mechanic should be aware of about your Renault?

I replaced the 12v cigarette lighter last night and this problem has come up at the same time. I don't whether its a coincidence or not.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/6/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You have one of two things wrong here, either there is a power wire for that circuit shorting to ground, OR there is another load that runs off that circuit that you missed, like another light or something.

Thanks, Ron