UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Volvo C70 and yesterday morning it would not start.

Customer Question
The dashboard lights up but...
I have a Volvo C70 and yesterday morning it would not start. The dashboard lights up but the engine won't turn over. The message reads Turn steering and try again. I have a new battery fitted as the last one was several years old, but the problem remains unsolved.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/6/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Ron, Car Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Ron, Car Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The no crank concern you are having can be caused by any of the following,

• Low Battery
  • Fuse F23
  • Ground 31/83
  • Ground 31/84
  • High Speed (HS) Controller Area Network (CAN) Module
  • High Speed (HS) Controller Area Network (CAN) Wiring
  • Ignition Key
  • Start Control Unit (SCU)
  • Steering Column Lock Module (SCL)

In order to determine which is failing you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20start%20Feb%205.pdf