UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Am looking 167 fuel pump relay on a 2008 vw caddy 1.9 tdi.

Customer Question
Hi am looking for the...
Hi am looking for the 167 fuel pump relay on a 2008 vw caddy 1.9 tdi. Not located under driver side dash. Nor battery. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 3 days by:
2/8/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted the info on where to locate this relay.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.You might be able to obtain this info from a repair center that works on this model here or a dealer.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi as I have already made a payment for the service my question is still under answered. The vw dealers will not give out this info. At least not in Sweden. Hopefully someone out there knows where the relay is located. The reason for me asking on this site is my last result. Otherwise I have to book in the car to a vw dealer. Every small garage in my area can't find it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Maybe if you have a local vw pal you can try to ask. I can garantee that only a vw technician will have this info. PitStop and other service station don't have it. I have stripped of everything with qualified technicians we can find it. Under the battery dash. Fuel tank and so forth
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I mean we can't find it. Sorry for the spelling mistakes. It maybe worth just calling someone from Vw. Like I said all technicians I know say it's a well kept secret. That's why no one has answered since Friday.
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself but someone else here may have more info they can help with here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

UK Auto Mechanic: David, UK Car Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David, UK Car Mechanic

Hello and welcome to just answer

I have just come across your question and I have attached the list of relays for Caddy vans with a plan of where they are. I have noticed they do not list the 167 relay for your van and only list the 449. I was wondering why are you looking for this relay? I do have more information on these and if you could supply me with more information I will do all I can to help you resolve this problem.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi I have also attached the wiring diagram for you in hope that it will help you with the problem that you have.

Please feel free to ask if you require further help on this as I'm here to help you.

Kind regards

Dave

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dave i went to Vw I have the glow lamp on the particulate filter light on and engine light. Did a diagnosis and it's the fuel pump relay 167. Or engine management system. The car has a hard start cuts out when it warms up loses throttle or power. The dealers sold me the 167 and claim it's the correct relay to solve my problem. My Engine is BLS. 1.9 tdi all the diagrams you have listed I currently have but they don't indicate the location for the BLS engine 167 relay. The dealer claims it's a big job and they will not tell me where it is. Can you help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the chassis number if it helps. WV2ZZZ2KZ9X010270

Hi

Hi

I have been looking through the wiring diagrams and there is no 167 relay listed any where and I also find it hard to see why this would cause your fault as the fuel pump relay would cut off your fuel supply and make the van cut out completely rather than give you a lack of power. I would be very interested in hearing what the fault codes are that you have stored when the lights are on please?

Plus as you are probably aware by working on your van pretty much every single relay is easily replaced and wouldn't take more than an hour to replace.

Regards

Dave

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P0230. Fuel pump primary circuit.
Code 2. P2002 diesel particulate filter efficiency below threshold. Bank 1.
Observe the vw computer system shows particulate filter at 15%.

Hi, thank you for that information.

I believe that the fuel pump relay would have very little effect on the DPF and they are not linked by wiring or anything like that. I would be looking at the DPF system in more detail before doing anything else as I think your problem lies there and the fuel pump relay is another issue.

If I had this car in my workshop I would clear the fault codes and see which one comes back or if both come back and then go from there. I have known DPFs to break up internally and they show normal in such as the 15% that you get but the broken part of the filter drops down and blocks the centre silencer which gives you the lack of power. It is quite easy on these to separate the exhaust from underneath so this would be a nice quick and easy thing to try.

Regards

Dave

David, UK Car Mechanic