Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Speedo no connecting with diagnostics
, speedometer not

Customer Question

speedo no connecting with diagnostics
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: speedometer not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything i can think of thus need he.lp
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: it is an import R3m
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a nissan terrano 1996.....PR50-013958
REG .....OLZ 1834VVPZRSAR 5000DATT-R-
8R K
TD27 (ETI) 2664cc
R E4ROLA HG46
STAMPED ON A PLATE UNDER THE BONNET
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been on a diagnostics test all ok except no connection with speedometer.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what has been repaired or replaced already to try and locate or correct this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has been replaced , i think it could possibly the speed sensor but i cannot find where it is located and the best way to test if it is working.The speedometer was working then just stopped,the rev counter is very erratic

O.k.,is the engine running properly and transmission shifting properly with this issue here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no problems with the engine or transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for your response. as i said in my answer to your question engine runs fine transmission if all okay

I apologize for the delay.

This usually doesnt indicate a fault with the speed sensor.If the engine and transmission are operating properly then this usually indicates the speed sensor is o.k.If it was a speed sensor issue then the transmission would shift and engage incorrectly causing this here.I suspect this is a fault with gauge cluster itself needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced to resolve this issue here.I have seen this fail before requiring replacement for this fault here.This will need to be tested further to verify this is the cause but this does sound like the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete