UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My audio/nav. system seems to be in a conflict; when I use…

Customer Question
My audio/nav. system seems to...
My audio/nav. system seems to be in a conflict; when I use the dvd every other things funcion very slow or dont funcion.
The dvd usely dont show anything in the front screen - only a blue screen
Can I somehow reset the system?
It is a Toyota Land Cruiser 2010 vx200
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/4/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Ron, Car Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Ron, Car Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you say everything else functions slowly what are you referring to? Please explain and I will try and help you with this issue.

The screen will fx not change between "maps" to "setup" or to "audio" - it just freze for a moment and then goes to audio 2 sec and back to map
thats happen only then I use the DVD

One thing you can try is to reboot the system. DO this by disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes and then reconnect it and see if the problem clears. If it dose no then the problem is most likely with the unit and or its programming and a code scan of the system would be the next step to determine the cause.