UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have just started my range rover l322 diesel as usual with…

Customer Question
Hi, i have just...

Hi, i have just started my range rover l322 diesel as usual with no probs, then i hooked a a traileer with led lights parked in the road, stopped the car and came out 5 minates later and it will not start it turns over but will not fire, thanks ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

As I said my l322 started as usual no probs i hooked up atrailer with led lights on it and parked in the road and turned the car off, when i acme back 5 minates later it would not start it turns over but will not fire, thanks ***** *****

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/3/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Try unplugging the trailer if you havent yet and see if it starts then.If it does then the trailer wiring has a short needing located and repaired to resolve this issue.If this was already attempted and the same issue occurred check and see if any fuses had blown in any of the fuse panels needing replaced.If any are found blown replace it and see if it starts then.If it blows again with the trailer plugged in then the trailer has a short needing located and repaired.

If this is all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete