Doug
Doug, ASE Certified
Experience:  .16 years automotive and OTR repair and factory training
21364095

From Norway. Just purchased a 2006 Pajero Dakar. Silly

Customer Question

Hi, I am Jorn from Norway. Just purchased a 2006 Pajero Dakar. Silly question, perhaps - but how do I open the fuel cover. I can´t find anything that suggest that I open from within the car, but I can´t open it manually either. Can you help me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don´t know how to open the fuel cover when I go to fill gas.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jorn,

Between 2006 and 2007 they moved the release lever for the fuel door.
Do you have the early 2006 ("old body") Pajero or the late 2006 ("new" 2007 style nose etc) Pajero?

Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

Looks like we missed each other.... I'm assuming you have the early style, in which case there will be a release lever on the bottom edge of the drivers side dash on the knee panel... like where you would find a bonnet release as well.
I don't have a good photo of the location, but the attached illustration should help anyway.