UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Name is ***** *****. Chevy Tahoe, 2009 LT. I t a significant…

Customer Question
Name is ***** *****...

Name is ***** *****. Chevy Tahoe, 2009 LT. I hit a significant bump at highway speeds.The cruise control went off and would not come back on until after the engine was turned off and restarted. Eventually it quit coming back on at all. I changed the brake switch attached to the brake pedal (used a NAPA part) which failed to correct the problem. Now I am getting a message that the Stabilatrak is not functioning and needs servicing. Was the NAPA part not inclusive of the Cruise control contacts and could it have caused the Stabilatrak issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

More than this? Chevy Tahoe, 2009 LT. I hit a significant bump at highway speeds.The cruise control went off and would not come back on until after the engine was turned off and restarted. Eventually it quit coming back on at all. I changed the brake switch attached to the brake pedal (used a NAPA part) which failed to correct the problem. Now I am getting a message that the Stabilatrak is not functioning and needs servicing. Was the NAPA part not inclusive of the Cruise control contacts and could it have caused the Stabilatrak issue?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/1/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST:

If you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help unless you…

… have basic mechanical knowledge and skills, and…

… have whatever tools and equipment might be needed for a proper diagnosis

The first thing we'd need to do is find what code(s) was(were) set when the Stabilitrak Off warning light came on. Having that information will determine the next steps we need to take in our diagnosis.

Please let me know as soon as you have the code number(s) so we can continue.

Best Regards.