UK Car

UK car repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a problem with 2002 freelander central locking.The…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...
Hi I have a problem with 2002 freelander central locking.The remote opens the drivers side rear door and the back door and locks all doors , .I have to open the drivers door with the key and the others from the inside.i can lock all doors with the key.
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Car
2/1/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

IN some cases this can be due to a fault with a lock actuator acting up needing replaced.I have seen the drivers door lock actuator/latch itself fail in the past before cause this issue here needing replaced to correct this fault.I have also seen in some cases the control unit/ecu that controls the remote or central locking at fault needing replaced.This will have to be tested further and usually requires using a scan tool to check for fault codes ( a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to check for codes and a multi meter for electrical testing.If you have these tools for this to test let me know.If not then someone that does will have to test this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete